Thursday 18 August 2011

Our new kitchen floor


One of the MAJOR draw backs to buying our house "empty" is that, unlike other new builds, we were given a shed in our back garden instead of flooring... Great for storage, not so much for aesthetically pleasing decor.

The one room that Lauren has been on and on and on about is the kitchen/diner. This is mainly due to the concrete floor and the fact that once you have left our kitchen you can then see all the other rooms you have entered due to the footprints that have kindly mapped out your route!

So... We went out and brought some supplies and this is what happened:

Off we went to Homebase and got the tools for the job; Tiles, serrated trowel, level, tile spacers and adhesive/grout.



Off we go. My Grandpa always used to say to my Dad "Measure twice, cut once!" and am I glad I followed that. I found that I was £70 worth of tiles short! I genually don't know how I missed calculated that badly :-s


With the correct amount of tiles brought I was flying. Not bad eh?!


Hard at work. To be honest, I hated grouting! Plus My knees were absolutely killing me by the time I'd finished.


The before and after shot.


This all makes one very happy wifey!


All in all I enjoyed my first tiling experience and was happy with the way it turned out. My knees might want a little rest before I start any more rooms though.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love that Lauren made an appearance for the final, after all the work is done, photo :). That's the way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete